In 2016, I wrote Loonie to Toonie—Financial Basics for Canadians under my pseudonym, Jeana Deal. It’s now 2021, and with all the uncertainty in the world and the fragile state of the economy, this book is more relevant than ever. For that reason, I’ve written a second edition.
If you’re new to investing, Loonie to Toonie is your go-to guide to learning the essentials of investing. There’s a ton of information out there on personal finance, and learning about it can be daunting if you’re new to this topic. This book will help you navigate the complex world of finance and readily apply this knowledge when you’re ready to invest.
By the time you finish this book, you will know about:
- How the economy influences the different types of investments
- Where to invest
- Financial professionals and their roles and responsibilities
- Goal setting and financial planning
- Basic investment taxation
- The different types of investment accounts to choose from
- How the main investments make you money and how to invest in them
Have the confidence to take control of your finances and begin your journey to financial freedom. This book is a must-have if you want to learn how to invest and think like an investor.